Have you noticed that there haven’t been any updates recently? That’s right, cause we’re doing something secret! We figured being silent would be best. Although saying there’s some sort of secret is even better. Now you want to know and we aren’t going to tell you just yet. Just be prepared. It probably won’t even be this month! Then after that I’ll get back to work.
In other unreleased news, I decided to release the source for ACC 2.0 for now. It’s very incomplete in my opinion as I had not yet solved how to do a particular part yet. It’s truly in the middle of development. However, have at it because I said I would release it and would continue updating afterwords, which I will. https://bitbucket.org/Goodlookinguy/acc
Edit: …and let me apologize on behalf of Bitbucket for their horrific new layout which will hopefully burn once enough people complain.
During Ludum Dare 26 I made a very hard, yet very addictive game called Flee. It may have not been a great game, but it has features that are very in tune with games like Flappy Birds, where even though people don’t like it they keep playing. A bit ago I noticed a spike in people viewing the source code and not the game itself. This has me quite worried that my code is being stolen for the sole purpose of simplifying replication to the mobile market most likely.
If you see anyone who has replicated my game and is selling it, tell me so I can kick their asses. Virtual or otherwise. I’m okay with flattery via replication, but not blatant theft of my code.
Learning Monkey just got a major overhaul in the usability department. I outfitted it with a custom hover over sentence highlighter, automatically loaded popups (they weren’t before), permalinks via hashes (as well as backwards and forwards browser support), and the Flesch-Kincaid readability test scores shown at the top of every loaded chapter.
Starting tomorrow, I will attempt to start releasing 4 sub-sections every week until completion. It’ll take about 6 months according to my calculations.
Link to Learning Monkey: http://www.nrgs.org/beta/books/Learning_Monkey/
In other news, ACC is nearing completion. The final additions are coming but are buggy right now so I’m not releasing it yet.
Edit: A better name for this product is, “PeerBlock Failed List Update Fixer,” but it feels a tad too long.
PeerBlock is a neat utility for blocking ads and random people who like to scan over IP ranges, at least from what I’ve seen. A while ago they updated to a new version which introduced weekly-only list downloads to lower bandwidth costs. This is understandable. However, this is not what happened, at least for me. The list fails to update and then proceeds to act like it updated the list, which means that I can’t get updates. It had been several months since I had the list update. This pissed me off. So I solved the problem.
To use it, shut down PeerBlock, set the PeerBlock installation location, which is set to the default location by default. Then click the “Generate & Set New ID” button to set a new unique ID. Start PeerBlock again and bam, you should be able to get the list update that you’ve not been getting.
Note: There’s a slim chance it could give you a Unique ID already in use. In which case, repeat the process over again.
Note 2: I beg of you, don’t use this tool to abuse the system. This was made for people who, like myself, are genuinely having problems.
Okay, so Bitbucket just changed the layout of the site and it’s bad. Really bad. There’s no focus and it’s making my anxieties go through the roof. I’m going to wait a week and see what happens, like if there’s a response to it. If there’s not much, I’ll probably move over to another service for HG repos.
Why do designers keep messing up what works? First there was the XBox, then Windows 8, Twitch, and now Bitbucket. For the love of everything that is decent, tie up the designers before they ruin everything.
I came up with an even better idea while I was working on ACC about Window Renamer. I extracted the window finder part from AutoIt and made the .NET version of Window Renamer communicate with the Window Finder application. The result was pretty fantastic.
Note: It takes a little for the finder to start up. So don’t go crazy clicking.
- Added window finder
- Version B
- Fixed bug in window finder that caused further delay of the crosshair showing up
- Added security check for Window Finder to ensure it gets updated if it needs to be updated
Just like in the other post, until I release it as v2.0 (cause my numbering system is total BS), it’s all in-develop versions of the program.
Note: This release does not contain the materials. You need to get the previous version and then replace the exe with the new one.
- Added about box
- Added loading of accessory folders
- Added opacity to coloring
- Added “Feature Not Implemented” alerts
I’m releasing my AutoIt based version of Window Tool I was working on and decided to stop because I was displeased by the aesthetics.
Download: Alt Window Tool (5/6/2014)
It’s pretty much just a renamer tool though. On the plus side, it has a window finder tool which is really neat. I plan on replicating the feature in my .NET version of Window Tool. Although I’ll probably go for even better aesthetics.