Planned site redesign…
I’ve gotten really lazy in the last so many years. I didn’t even bother to design my own site, even though I was designing other people’s sites. So I’ve decided that it’s probably time for a makeover with modern HTML and CSS techniques. I’m not leaving WP for now, as I’m too lazy to write my own site management system anymore, but I will redesign at least.
Things I will and won’t do…
– Design desktop and mobile friendly site
– Improve layout and flow
– Use CSS edge rounding and box shadows for no reason
– Take that sidebar thing and cronjob an update every 12 hours, so that way I don’t have to keep grabbing and injecting into the page as it’s loading.
– Make desktop and mobile sites look the same
– Specifically cater site to mobile users (screw you Google)
I have no intention of making this site like so many I’ve seen in more recent years (and have had to do myself). I will not merge desktop and mobile look. I will use a way of designing that allows me to independently design both for the same HTML layout. So fear not anyone who’s been coming here for some amount of time, as I have no plans to ruin the desktop usability.
P.S. Don’t expect this change for at least a month or two. I am currently being privately tutored in Japanese and am tutoring my friend in Japanese. I know that sounds strange, but I’m not a beginner, so I can do that. I’m also writing software to study with, so that’s taking up some of my time as well.