Issues have been fully resolved 9 hours later.
If it makes anyone feel better, the site can now be accessed over HTTPS. It’s been a longtime coming. So having it is nice. I personally could stand to keep using HTTP with no problem, but clearly people are becoming increasingly paranoid and this caters partially to them.
Update: Until CloudFlare stops acting strangely and allows me to forward the requests to HTTPS, I’d recommend installing the Chrome/Firefox extension HTTPS Everywhere: https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
How to install for Chrome
0) Go to here: https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
1) You have to right-click “save link as” the file “https-everywhere-chrome-2017.6.20.crx” (or whatever the newest one is).
2) Open up a new tab in Chrome and go to chrome://extensions
3) Open up the file explorer on your OS
4) Drag-and-drop the “https-everywhere-chrome-2017.6.20.crx” file from your file explorer onto the middle of the extensions page.
5) If it doesn’t work, turn on “developer mode” (it’s a checkbox in the top-right of the extensions page).
6) Visit https://www.nrgs.org
7) Click on [S] HTTPS Everywhere extension icon on the top right of Chrome and click “Add a rule for this site”
8) Now everything will forcefully be put in HTTPS
9) Apply this same type of thing to any other website that supports an encrypted connection